If you live in a stand-alone house, we offer an industry-leading fixed wireless home internet connectivity solution.
It differs from having a fixed direct line to your house in that connectivity is beamed to a receiver on your rooftop from a Lightning Broadband tower. Our fixed wireless technology is incredibly fast; and very importantly - super reliable.
Bring your home up to speed.
- Select plan – Choose from one of our fixed wireless plans below and we’ll send you a contract to sign.
- Pre-installation inspection – One of our technicians will come to your home and advise on the scope of works.
- Installation – Once you give us the go-ahead, we will book in and complete that installation within 14 days - lightning fast!
FIXED WIRELESS PLANS
Home office package
*Total broadband plan minimum charge over 24 months including minimum Standard Installation Charge ($300: paid at time of installation) and GST
Included in all plans:
- Symmetrical upload + download
- Unlimited data
- Typical evening speeds same as plan speed
- Premium Melbourne-based support
- Reliable Lightning Broadband owned network
PROVEN TECHNOLOGY AND CLEVER ENGINEERING
We provide our NBN alternative through the use of hybrid cutting-edge fixed wireless internet + fibre broadband technology. Learn more about the tech powering Australia’s Lightning Broadband and compare the difference.
With upload speeds as fast as download, our symmetrical connections set us apart from NBN home broadband plans. The stand-alone fixed wireless plan above indicates standard/typical evening speeds!
LESS CONGESTION, LOWER LATENCY
Residential broadband plans from most Australian ISPs are contended, meaning performance can suffer when too many people are using a service at the same time. However, Lightning Broadband prides itself on putting less people on the pipe than others; so residential users benefit from incredible speeds; perfect for streaming video. without the dreaded buffering.
Additionally, our fixed wireless internet services are very low-latency; a crucial feature for online gaming, video conferencing and VOIP applications.
REAL UNLIMITED BROADBAND PLANS
The faster your internet connection speed is, the more data you’ll use – but all our plans offer unlimited data. And unlimited means unlimited – no penalties, no “shaping” (speed reductions). The highest speed possible consistently and unlimited data means you’ll have a worry-free experience.
VOIP (VOICE OVER INTERNET PROTOCOL)
You’ll be able to make cheap phone calls over your Lightning Broadband internet connection with our VoIP option from just $10 a month extra! Learn more about our internet telephony services.
LOCAL CUSTOMER CARE
Our friendly customer support team is based right here in Australia and just a phone call or email away to assist you with any questions or issues you may have. We want to see you using our services as fast as possible – and to keep things that way. Learn more about our superb customer care.
QUICK AND EASY INSTALLATION
Installation is a quick and easy process for our fixed wireless home internet customers.
- Our team will install a small microwave receiver on your home’s antenna mast or on a small mast we can supply* if required.
- A cable will then be run from the receiver to a wall plate installed in a convenient location in your home for connection to your WLAN compatible router (we can provide one *) or direct to your PC.
- That’s it – then you’ll be ready to hit the web at breakneck speeds regardless of the time of day and enjoy unlimited data
COSTS & CRITICAL INFORMATION SUMMARIES
For further information on stand-alone wireless broadband plan pricing, setup fees, other costs and contract terms, please click here (PDF) for a critical information summary.
NOTE: All new or re-contracted services after 16 May 2018, and monthly plans rolling over after that date, will be subject to our SFOA (Standard Form Of Agreement).
NEED MORE SPEED?
While our fixed-wireless home internet plans are perfect for most situations and requirements, if you’re wanting an even faster connection enquire about our business plans that offer up to 1,000 Mbps.